And finally I was awarded this one
by the Red Headed Stitcher so long ago I expect she forgot all about it.
And here’s what to do
1.The Nominee of the Wonderful Team member Readership Award shall display the logo on his/her blog.
2.The Nominee shall nominate 14 readers they appreciate over a period of 7 days, all at once or little by little.
3.The Nominee shall name his/her Wonderful Team Member Readership Award nominees on a post or on posts during 7 days.
So here are my 14 Nominees
The Snail of Happiness
A little patch of heaven
Cross Stitch your heart
The View Outside
I know I made you smile
Best of Crochet
Knit read and click
J G Burdette
Handmade card blog
I hope some of these are new to you and you enjoy them as much as I do. I have enjoyed blowing a few trumpets for all the great blogs I follow.
I was nominated for this award a while ago by Rainbow junkie corner, but lacked the skills to do what was necessary. Now I have those skills here I go.
First the Award
And all I have to do is post 11 random facts about myself, answer 11 questions from the person who nominated me and then nominate 11 people whose blogs I like.
11 RANDOM FACTS
1 My Favourite apples are Pink Ladies
2 The first place I went to abroad was Cannes in France, where I learned to swim.
3 My first job was a summer holiday job in a shop called Rowntrees in Scarborough- it’s now a Debenhams. I sold suits!
4 I prefer to drink Earl Grey tea to any other tea.
5 The first thing I knitted for myself was a purple jumper when I was at college, and I rather think my room mate knitted more of it than I did!
6 The first garment I sewed for myself was at school where I made some Red Baby Doll PJs. Who knows what I mean by Baby Doll PJs. Believe me they were quite the thing!
7 I was once a waitress- I left after three days, it was not me!
8 I HATE Beetroot.
9 My husband, then boyfriend and I once hitchhiked to London to see the Haywain!
10 I love the smell of freshly mown grass.
And now for the 11 Questions
- Why did you start a blog?- I started to blog nearly a year ago- I needed to prove to myself that I could learn new things!
- How many blogs do you follow It appears the answer to this is 107!
- What makes you happy? Being with all my children, partners and grandchildren at once
- What are you most grateful for? I suppose that I am fortunate enough to have been born as a Baby Boomer in the UK where life by and large is good.
- What is your favourite food? Lemon meringue pie
- What sort of weather do you like best? A sunny and warm English summer day.
- Which famous person would you most like to meet? I would like to meet Germaine Greer, but I might not understand everything she said!
- Where would you most like to go for a holiday? New Zealand- the scenery looks stunning
- What sort of books do you like to read? I like many sorts of books but they need to be well written and to say something about life.
- What style of music do you prefer? Happy music -can be classical, pop, jazz or folk.
- What characteristic do you hope other people will most value in you?
Kindness. The world would be a better place with more Kindness.
And now for 11 super blogs- do check them out. In no particular order
2Crochet with Tamara
4 Stitch and Purl
6 Mrs M makes
7 Faith hope and charity shopping
8 the high note dot net
9 Ginx craft
10 Attic 24
11Red Headed Stitcher
Please check their blogs if they are new to you.
I have been nominated for some wonderful awards and my skills have now improved enough ..I hope to accept these in the spirit in which they were made. So here goes with the first one- if this works I’ll post the others soon!
Sisterhood of the world bloggers award
This has been awarded to me by Prague by Katy whose blog you can find here,
Thank you Katy
And these are the rules.
▪ Provide a link and thanks to the bloggers who nominated you.
▪ Answer 10 questions.
▪ Nominate 10 blogs that you find a joy to read.
▪ Provide links to the blogs and inform the recipients they have been nominated.
▪ Include the award logo within your post.
10 Questions to answer:
1. Your favourite color? — the turquoise colour of the seas around the Greek islands
2. Your favourite animal? — Cocker Spaniels
3. Your favourite drink? — Water
4. Facebook or Twitter? — Facebook
5. Your favourite pattern? – I don’t wear patterns much but I am sucker for children’s fabrics – toys ,animals etc
6. Do you prefer getting or giving presents? – Giving always.
7. Your favourite number? – 3
8. Favourite day of the week? – Sundays- family time
9. Favourite flower? – Daffodils
10. What is your passion? – My family ,my home, books and Yarn
10 Blogs which are a joy to read
2 Pillows A La Mode
3 Buried Words and Bushwa
4 The Green Dragonfly
5Big House Little Prairie
6 Hi JK crochet
8 Rainbow Junkie
9 Creative Pixie
10 The Little Room of Rachell
I so hope this has worked!