New Year and a new project for the SAL. I am stitching a kit I have had for a while. It’s Flower Fairies- Geranium
The kit is by DMC. First task was to sort the threads. Now some people love this first stage, I really dislike it. Trying to figure out lightest yellow green from pale yellow and palest green. AAgh! Doing it in the evening is not a good idea. This stage really does need daylight, and in this instance I needed to reference my two boxes of DMC threads to marry up just which thread was which. But everyhting was sorted in the end, so
Let the stitching begin..
A small beginning. It’s on 16 count Aida, which I find harder to stitch than 14 count, more holes per inch. I have also found I can only stitch this in daylight. Once the curtains are drawn, even with my stalwart light over my left shoulder, I just can’t get the stitches as neat as I like. Progress will be slow till we get longer afternoons. However I have noticed that the days are getting longer, It’s 4.30 now before its getting dark, at Christmas I was closing the curtains at 3.45. Spring is on its way, says she with a dusting of snow in the garden as she types!
Ever the optimist.
Joining with the following amazing group of fellow stitchers.
Claire at http://claire93.wordpress.com
Gun at http://rutigt.wordpress.com
Jacqui at http://thestitchingline.com
Do stop by their blogs, there are some gorgeous projects going on.