I was nominated for this award a while ago by Rainbow junkie corner, but lacked the skills to do what was necessary. Now I have those skills here I go.
First the Award
And all I have to do is post 11 random facts about myself, answer 11 questions from the person who nominated me and then nominate 11 people whose blogs I like.
11 RANDOM FACTS
1 My Favourite apples are Pink Ladies
2 The first place I went to abroad was Cannes in France, where I learned to swim.
3 My first job was a summer holiday job in a shop called Rowntrees in Scarborough- it’s now a Debenhams. I sold suits!
4 I prefer to drink Earl Grey tea to any other tea.
5 The first thing I knitted for myself was a purple jumper when I was at college, and I rather think my room mate knitted more of it than I did!
6 The first garment I sewed for myself was at school where I made some Red Baby Doll PJs. Who knows what I mean by Baby Doll PJs. Believe me they were quite the thing!
7 I was once a waitress- I left after three days, it was not me!
8 I HATE Beetroot.
9 My husband, then boyfriend and I once hitchhiked to London to see the Haywain!
10 I love the smell of freshly mown grass.
And now for the 11 Questions
- Why did you start a blog?- I started to blog nearly a year ago- I needed to prove to myself that I could learn new things!
- How many blogs do you follow It appears the answer to this is 107!
- What makes you happy? Being with all my children, partners and grandchildren at once
- What are you most grateful for? I suppose that I am fortunate enough to have been born as a Baby Boomer in the UK where life by and large is good.
- What is your favourite food? Lemon meringue pie
- What sort of weather do you like best? A sunny and warm English summer day.
- Which famous person would you most like to meet? I would like to meet Germaine Greer, but I might not understand everything she said!
- Where would you most like to go for a holiday? New Zealand- the scenery looks stunning
- What sort of books do you like to read? I like many sorts of books but they need to be well written and to say something about life.
- What style of music do you prefer? Happy music -can be classical, pop, jazz or folk.
- What characteristic do you hope other people will most value in you?
Kindness. The world would be a better place with more Kindness.
And now for 11 super blogs- do check them out. In no particular order
10 Attic 24
Please check their blogs if they are new to you.